Goals

Goal 1 (short term)

Finish the 2 year Outdoor Recreation programme to the best of my ability one day at a time.

Kayak, climbing sub goal: being able to smoothly teach Lisa (my partner) all I have learned confidently an improve my own skills in the process.

Kayak skill goal:Be able to consecutively pull off a hand roll.

Rock climbing Skill Goal: streathen and learn better techniques with my body to be able to hold my self on over hanging ledgers.

Bush Skill Goal: Learn names and stories involved with tramps I do

Goal 2 (mid term)
Advance into a career in outdoor pursuits from the skills I have gained from this two year programme and share my love of outdoor pursuits and enthusiasm with others.

Goal 3 (long term)
Bike around the world fundraising for cancer, write a book of this adventure and myself. Outdoor Recreation will help me extensively in this goal from planning and organisation through to getting the right contacts.

Tuesday 26 April 2011

Bush (Personal)

Location: Able Tasman National Park
Duration: 4 days 3 nights
Weather: Over caste and clearing everyday, heavy rain first night,
Group members: Myself and Lisa Hamker
Track names/route: Able Tasman Track start in Marahau finish in Totaranui Rd and hitched to Heaphy track
Grade: medium
Key learning: if you have two tents one good but small  one shit but big use the good but small one it is more comfortable in the long run.
Incidents: Bad leaky tent on first night
Pictures:
Beautiful Able Tasman

Hugging a Rock looking like an Elephant

No comments:

Post a Comment