Goals

Goal 1 (short term)

Finish the 2 year Outdoor Recreation programme to the best of my ability one day at a time.

Kayak, climbing sub goal: being able to smoothly teach Lisa (my partner) all I have learned confidently an improve my own skills in the process.

Kayak skill goal:Be able to consecutively pull off a hand roll.

Rock climbing Skill Goal: streathen and learn better techniques with my body to be able to hold my self on over hanging ledgers.

Bush Skill Goal: Learn names and stories involved with tramps I do

Goal 2 (mid term)
Advance into a career in outdoor pursuits from the skills I have gained from this two year programme and share my love of outdoor pursuits and enthusiasm with others.

Goal 3 (long term)
Bike around the world fundraising for cancer, write a book of this adventure and myself. Outdoor Recreation will help me extensively in this goal from planning and organisation through to getting the right contacts.

Tuesday 26 April 2011

Bush (Personal)

·         Location: Tongariro National Park (Northern Circuit)


·         Duration: 2 days 1 night
·         Weather: Fine in morning clouds gathering around mountain and raining by afternoon (same both days)
·         Group members: Myself, Rob from the UK, Meet and added Lisa Hamker on second day.
·         Track names/route: Start and finish Whakapapa Village
·         Grade: steep up hill and long day first day (3 day sections in first day)
·         Key learning: Amazing how the weather changes on mountains
·         Incidents: Nill

·         Pictures:
Mt Ngauruhoe Looking like it is smoking away sad to say it is just a cloud.


The Emerald Lakes on top of Mt Tongariro you can see how
the cloud has gathered over the day

Lisa, Myself and Rob couldn't afford the weight of hiking
boots on my bike hence mine and Robs shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment